Every month we will share a different Coppi recipe for you to try at home! This month we have our Penne alla Calabrese.
PENNE ALLA CALABRESE
Penna alla Calabrese, N'Duja, Sundried Tomato, Fresh Basil & Parmesan (Serves 2)
200g Peter Hannan's Hot Italian Sausage Meat
50g N'Duja Sausage
2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped Finely
2 Tbsp Roughly Chopped Sundried Tomatoes
100mls Dry White Wine
30g Finely Shaved Fresh Fennel
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp Finely Grated Parmesan
Juice Half a Lemon
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Oil
2 Tbsp Freshly Torn basil Leaves
2 Servings of fresh penne pasta - available from the Coppi Truck and Coppi Piccolo.
1. Heat a large sauce pot over a medium heat with the olive oil, add the sausage meat & fry until lightly coloured before adding the n'duja.
2. Continuously stir for 10-15 mins until cooked and lightly coloured, at this stage add the fennel, tomato & garlic & continue to cook for 2-3 mins.
3. Add the white wine & allow to reduce until absorbed by the ragu.
4. Add the butter and remove from heat.
5. Cook the pasta and add to the ragu, drain the pasta reserving a little of the water from the pot (this starchy water is a cooks trick to creating a velvety sauce)!
6. Toss the pasta into the ragu and spoon through the ragu gently, at this stage add the lemon juice & grated parmesan.
7. Stir until the sauce coats the pasta nicely, you can add a little pasta water to reach the desired consistency.
8. Serve immediately with the fresh torn basil over the top & more freshly shaved parmesan.
We recommend some lightly toasted ciabatta, also available from Coppi Truck and Coppi Piccolo, to enjoy mopping up those tasty juices!