Every month we will share a different Coppi recipe for you to try at home! This month we have our Chorizo Risotto, Red Wine, Radicchio & Hazelnut recipe. Why not give it a go and post your image to our social media sites with the #Coppilicious. We'll pick the best each month and the winner can come enjoy a meal for two on us!
Chorizo Risotto, Red Wine, Radicchio & Hazelnut
For the Risotto
250g Arborio Rice
140g Diced Chorizo
1 Medium Shallot, Chopped Finely
2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped Finely
1 Stick of Celery, Chopped Finely
1 Glass of Red Wine
500mls Beef (or Chicken) Stock
3 Tb Sp Grated Parmesan
1 Tb Sp Butter
2 Tb Sp Olive Oil
For the Radicchio (You will have leftovers to use later for salads, pasta & risotto dishes)
1 Radicchio, Sliced Thinly
100mls White Wine Vinegar
100g Caster Sugar
1 Sprig of Rosemary
1 Star Aniseed
1 Clove Crushed Garlic
3 Tb Sp Toasted & Chopped Hazelnuts
2 Tb Sp Grated Parmesan
2 Tb Sp Finely Chopped Parsley
1. Firstly make the radicchio, this will need 3 hours to infuse with the pickling liquor. Place the raddichio in a large bowl & set aside.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a small pot, whisk to dissolve the sugar & place over a high heat until beginning to boil.
3. Remove from the heat & allow to cool to room temperature before pouring over the raddichio.
4. In a separate wide based pot heat the olive oil until hot & add the shallot, garlic, celery & cook over a medium-high heat for 5-6 mins until the onion has softened but not coloured.
5. Add the Chorizo & stir until the meat has broken down & began to colour lightly..
6. Add the rice & adjust the heat to medium, stir continuously for 3 mins until the rice has began to cook & release starch.
7. Add the red wine & allow to cook until the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
8. Add the beef stock 1 ladel at a time being being careful not to drench the rice & stir continuously until the rice has almost fully cooked (15-20mins)!
9. Once the rice has fully cooked and has only a little bite left add the butter, parmesan & Parsley & stir until the risotto has a beautiful creamy texture.
10. Taste & adjust the seasoning with salt (if required, you may find the dish salty enough at this stage)!
11. Spoon out into wide pasta bowls, scatter over roughly 2 tablespoons of the pickled radicchio, the toasted hazelnuts & parmesan shavings.