NEW YEAR - NEW MENU!
Every month we will share a different Coppi recipe for you to try at home! This January we have introduced our new menu which we are really excited about! Lots of new dishes added to our trusty favourites including this delicious Pork Scaloppine, Mushroom, Spinach & Marsala Cream dish. Why not give this recipe a go at home and post your image to our social media sites with the #Coppilicious. We'll pick the best each month and the winner can come enjoy a meal for two on us!
PORK SCALOPPINE, MUSHROOM, SPINCACH & MARSALA CREAM (Serves 4)
2 Tb Sp Olive Oil For Cooking
Plain Flour Seasoned With Salt & Pepper
600g Pork Loin, Flat Removed & Sliced Thinly
50g Unsalted Butter
200g Sliced Chestnut Mushrooms
2 Medium Shallots, Finely Diced
2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
150mls Marsala Wine
100mls Single Cream
200g Spinach, Washed & Drained
Salt & Freshly Grd Black Pepper To Taste
1. To begin cooking the dish place the seasoned flour in a tray and coat the slices of pork. Dust off any excess flour and set the pork aside.
2. Heat a wide based frying pan with 2 Tb Sp olive oil until hot, place the pieces of pork in the pan and allow to cook until lightly golden.
3. Drain off the oil from the pan and immediately add the butter, shallots, mushrooms and garlic until the butter begins to foam and the onions have softened.
4. Add the Marsala wine and bring to a boil, continue to boil until the sauce has reduced by three quarters.
5. Remove the pork from the sauce at this stage and assemble on a warm plate.
6. Add the single cream and allow to come to a boil before adding the spinach and allow the sauce to boil until coating the back of a spoon.
7. Season to taste, return the pork to the pan and immediately remove from the heat.
Enjoy this classic Italian dish with freshly baked bread, potato gnocchi or rocket and balsamic salad!