Every month we will share a different Coppi recipe for you to try at home! This month we have decided to showcase this delicious Chargrilled Monkfish Spiedini, Tuscan Spiced Sausage & Red Pepper Ragu, perfect to impress your family and friends this July!
Why not give this recipe a go at home and post your image to our social media sites with the #Coppilicious. We'll pick the best each month and the winner can come enjoy a meal for two on us!
Chargrilled Monkfish Spiedini, Tuscan Spiced Sausage & Red Pepper Ragu
For the Monkfish (Serves 2)
400 g monkfish, cleaned and cut into large pieces
1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
A generous twist of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the Red Pepper Ragu
250 g Spiced chilli & Fennel pork sausage meat
100 g roasted red pepper, skin removed & cut into cubes
2 stick celery, roughly chopped
1 shallot, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
100 ml red wine
1 teaspoon cinnamon
50 g tomato puree
1 small tin chopped tomatoes
8 basil leaves
1. Firstly marinate the monkfish with the herbs, black pepper, lemon & olive oil.
2. Skewer the monkfish with the lemon wedges and place in the fridge until later.
3. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large wide based pot, once hot add the sausage meat and cook until beginning to brown.
4. Once the meat has browned and crumbled add the shallot, rosemary, garlic & celery and allow to cook for a further 5-6 mins until the shallot has softened.
5. Add the red wine and allow to cook until fully absorbed.
6. Add the cinnamon, peppers, tomato paste & chopped tomatoes and lower the heat to a light simmer and allow to cook for 40-45 mins until the tomatoes have become sweet.
7. Season & chargrill the monkfish (or roast under a hot grill) until cooked, finish the Ragu by adding the basil leaves and correct the seasoning.
8. Spoon the Ragu into 2 deep bowls and finish by add the monkfish.